So you're reading Bill's Bloggage, but where are you right now?

Monday 1 August 2011

Friends, Londoners, Countrymen... Lend me your ears!

Until very recently, I was very sceptical about computery things like blogs.
Of course, I've been a 'member' of the Facebook family for years (after naively dallying with MySpace) and recently I've even lost my Twitter virginity. But - as it initially was with cigarettes and Jägerbombs - I only entered into these worlds under the pressure of my peers and the neverending need to keep up with the Joneses.
I was quite happy with my old Nokia. But now I couldn't cope without my iPhone. I used to be desperate for Tube rides to end because I couldn't cope with the eye-contact-avoiding, should-I-offer-my-seat-to-this-woman-or-will-she-be-offended, has-that-guy-never-heard-of-Sure-For-Men-ness of the journeys. But now I'm simply eager to see some daylight, coax my signal bars upwards and find out who's What'sApp'd me or if my latest Tweet has been Retweeted.
I used to chastise my mother for smoking; now I champion its cause to every Think Of The Children nutjob I meet. Similarly I dismissed computery things as pasttimes for those people, those who couldn't converse in real life. I know now, I was wrong.
I can be an ultra-critical and cynical person, but never without a dose of wit (I hope). And I have the right to change my opinion, as I did with blogs.
Through Bill's Bloggage I hope to relate the extended versions of the thoughts my mind ponders upon, the thoughts that usually get spat at the television in a profanity-riddled rage.

No comments:

Post a Comment